Friday, June 20, 2008

HULK Smash!!!


Just wanna say a huge HULK SMASH!!! to all of yous...

Saw the movie last night and it made me a hulk fan again. Alot of cameos were present in the movie, like Lou Ferigno playing the security guard again and Stan Lee playing popping up again for the nth time in any Marvel movie franchise as expected nowadays. The final 3 minutes of the show which, like the Ironman movie last month, mentioning about the Avengers forming up was a really nice touch, implying of the soon to be movie in 2011. All in all, Edward Norton nailed the role of Bruce Banner unlike 2003's effort by director Ang Lee, hey, its just me thinking out loud anyway.

Yes, I've seen the TV version of it ages ago and really felt what actor Bill Bixby was aiming for by playing the lonely alienated Dr. Banner and his alter ego the smash raging Hulk played by the incomparable Lou Ferigno. The movie was kinda like a tribute to that and more. Honestly, I can't recall whether 2003's Hulk movie or this one stayed true to form with regards to the Hulks' origins but I know this for sure, it all boils down to them Gamma Rays dude, rock n' roll!! Sure, I've watched the cartoon version of it also ages ago and shamefully I only have Marvel Comics' 1999 1st issue of the revived Hulk by Byrne and Garney and never got the chance to collect the subsequent issues religiously, still, the Incredible Hulk was always close to my heart. He is included in my top five list of favorite Heroes and Villains if I ever would make one. I always am fascinated whenever I see a pin-up of the Hulk on the net or on posters or on tshirts, heck, I always like seeing superheroe laden items on sale for that matter. Anyways, if you haven't seen the movie yet, consider watching Mr. Green in this version of a multitude of versions to this ever stable Marvel franchise. Nuff said...

No comments: