Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beggars Can't be Choosers

Hello nothingness...

Its been awhile since i updated and put something in here. Been busy of late, a lot of changes at work, reassignments and reshuffling of sort, and its taking its toll on me personally (especially my surf time..hmmm). Work sucks, I know, but I gotta make a living somehow, make ends meet, even if i don't necessarily like the job I'm in, makes me wonder if I made a wrong turn somewhere, somehow. I was never the type to uphold the dream of working for something that I really enjoy doing. I never had the patience and agony to wait and strive for it, that's why. As close friends of my mine know, I'm more of an artistically and musically inclined kind of guy but through some twist of fate (and because I badly needed work) I end up with what I'm in now,crunching out numbers and figures and drowning in futile paperwork which I feel doesn't make an impact to the current situation I'm in. As they say, "beggars can't be choosers". Well, enough of my rants and dismays of work, it only adds to the futility I'm in to.

Now back to the updates or so. I recently got the urge to draw and sketch again. Since now I decided to make a sabbatical on my band thingee (I still have an assignment project with a friend of mine to do vocal duties for a deathmetal song he wrote and played all the instruments on, hope he still wants me to do it though). Judging from my old drawings and doodles, my recent tries are next to horrible and I can't seem to get my mojo running, not that I was good at it in the first place. It's somewhat of a hobby of mine, right there with me being in a death metal band playing the bass or reading a good book. Still, I'm optimistic about doing it again, maybe I can post something in the future here in this blog, a comic book or comic strip or two. All I need now is time and a story to start the drawing ball rolling so to speak. And then again, my urge to procrastinate things is creeping back in and I think I need a good scheme to fend it off with.

No comments: