Monday, April 14, 2008

Hellfest IV has come and gone

Last April 11 and 12 CEMP gig Hellfest was in full swing at the Zzubu Rockbar, Colon Sts. and in totality the gig was a success, as usual. A lot of the regular local metalheads supported the gig and from day 1 and 2 the venue was swarmed in tshirt darkness (black shirts, really), banging heads, RedHorse™ and the sweet smell of the stinking restroom filling the air. Enough to make any pure blooded metalhead content in this lifetime, uhmmm, maybe a days worth of exhilaration. I was planning on posting pics of what my humble digicam took but unfortunately I still can’t upload it to the PC because I was drunk on day 1 that I left the digicam’s USB cable (Sony usb cable sucks, other mini usb cables from other brands won’t work, believe me, I tried) and my spare electric guitar at my friends ride. So, the pics will have to wait soon enuff.

We played our set on Day 2 of Hellfest at around 11:00 p.m. and there were still five or so bands after to consummate the event which ended at around 3:00 a.m. (if I’m not mistaken, I was only there for about 30 minutes after our set). The only guest bands I have witnessed were Death by Boredom and Bandilang Itim both from Dumaguete and both bands were all tight with there set. The local bands were in full swing also, Demise was pounding there way to their set and the crowd banged till broken. I saw the set of Fallen Angel, Impostura and deathmetal poster boy Enjun and his band Kasakit. To be honest, our set during Day 2 of Hellfest was not our finest or tightest and got me wishing that I had an undo or escape button in hand. I couldn’t really here myself and our guitarist play, even our drummer (Chuck is back with the band, hopefully, long live Chuck!) was having a really hard time hearing our instrument due mainly to the fact that there were no sound monitors provided upfront, all the sound systems were blasting towards the crowd. It just wasn’t our day. All the excitement just burst to thin air from then on. Well, every dog has his day I guess. Maybe next gig would fare better.

Pics will soon be on the next post, now where’s that damn USB cable…

No comments: