Monday, October 20, 2008

The Week in a bun

I have'nt been idling really for this past week, the usual suspects such as work and personal stuff that needed to be done all added up to my time as usual and made me not have some time to post something. Anyways, that doesn't sound like a good reason for the absence of post here. Nuff said.


During those times, other than the usual, me and my wife last Friday went on an island hopping trip via Alona, Bohol. Sorta like a romantic get up and stuff courtesy of my attorney bro as a gift of sorts. We went dolphin watching and Balicasag fish sanctuary snorkeling. We stayed at some resort which was way out of our price range and we have to find some reasonably priced place to eat out, luckily there were some but still steeply, however. The fish sanctuary I think was the highly of all the trips, unfortunately we were unable to do underwater photo shots with our meager camera. It was like swimming inside a huge marine aquarium. Lots of thriving colorful fishes in them coral communities. I even got the chance to feed them which was awesomer, them fishes nibbling at me hands. Dolphin watching was kinda like hide-and-seek though but lucky for us we had many moments where them elusive dolphin pack (are dolphins in a collective called packs?)would show their fins or even glide near our boat. It was a relaxing and unique experience for us city dwellers.

The Thursday before that me and a friend of mine recorded at the House of Indies recording studio(@ Mango Avenue, Cebu)a couple of industrial laden songs that were originally composed and released ages ago by the infamous Sodom and the Gahd Machine, a local avant garde-industrial laden progenitors of the Cebu local scene. It was our rendition their songs, "Then You'll Die" and "Christianity Syndrome". A tribute to the progenitors of this brand of music, Industrial Metal (from Wikipedia: a musical genre that draws from industrial music and heavy metal. It is usually centered around repeating metal guitar riffs, sampling, synthesizer or sequencer lines, and distorted vocals.Founding industrial metal groups include Ministry,Godflesh,and KMFDM)). An homage even. We haven't got a name to our outfit yet so I can't download the songs here or on Myspace music just yet, maybe these coming days when we finalize things, planning on making an E.P. as soon as we record some original material which my friend will be cooking up. I am actually just a hired hand, my friend, we'll all just call him ECPFlesh for reasons undisclosed just yet, does everything else except for the bass parts which is what I'm asked to do. It was his idea in the first place. I have my own industrial laden tunes but are put on hold as usual, uhmmm..heheh...nuff said.

No comments: