Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Music Died...yet again

Hello nothingness...

Its August 5, and from my recent post, I publicized that me and my band AGNAS were to take part on COMATOSE's 2nd EP launching gig in ZZubu Rockbar and for the fourth time (if my memory serves) we weren't able to play last night and like the last, the reason took the same shape and form, our drummer wasn't available for us to at least rehearse maybe a couple of times before the event for us not to look like idiots on stage and add more chaos to our chaotic brand of music, which for the uninitiated ear would sound like a cross between a battlefield and a dog of hell barking for all eternity at the audience, that is Death Metal people!, if its too loud, your too old kind of thing. I can't blame him, being part of a Death Metal outfit has limited or no monetary gains whatsoever (No hard feelings dude) and coz he's got a family of 3 going, some job at a local call center that mostly takes up his productive time, which leaves me and the rest of the crew at a steering halt most often and one can't help but see them signs. As a futile gesture of apology to the organizers and crew of C.E.M.P. and to the other bands who participated especially to Comatose (kudos to you dudes, your the finest Cebu has to offer), I humbly implore on your good graces for a heartfelt apology. I never had the chance yet to update on the outcome of the event, Jerry (our guitarist) informed me via text half-heartedly that it was jam packed and full to the brim with the usually extreme metal music hordes. Cebu is still thriving in the metal music scene and i'm proud to be somehow part of it for the last 15 years or so and it is with heavy (black) heart that i've to take yet another sabbatical to the scene (the first was 5 years ago when i was still assigned in Cagayan de Oro and got back here in Cebu to resurrected the band) and decide to focus on more pressing personal and official matters.
Bear in mind, i'm not closing this chapter yet and my futility goes on and on.

No comments: