Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've finally Killed IT!!!


Hello nothingness…

Well, I finally got what I deserved. I’ve finally killed my recently purchased cellphone last 11/2/2007, a mere two weeks..tsk..tsk. My new and doomed Motorola L71. May it rest in peace…..not…hopefully, that is. I opted to return it and have it resuscitated back from the dead to the authorized cellphone shop in Manila (the one here in Cebu told me it’s a level 3 repair…meaning, he doesn’t know how to repair it and its way out of his league). Now I have to pay for the damaged done. From quotations I’ve done from various cellshops, maybe it would cost me around 1,000 to 2,000. I pray for the lesser one, obviously. I have 3 days to know diagnosis and another 3 weeks for the repairs if I give them a go ahead. WTF!! My Stupidity, redefined. Geez. A word of advice, when modding your fone, the only assurance you get is that you get things right the first time and the rest you can leave it to luck, a whole lot of it.

I have been modding (modifying) any cellphone that I happen to have at the moment. From changing the start up and boot up screens, to themes, to changing firmwares and the usual updating and what not. I just like to tinker with it and take it to the limits and see the results of what I just did and hopefully make the fone unique, apart from the rest. I just can’t help doing it, just by knowing the fact that others have done it, why can’t I? With ample amounts of forum reading and research via internet on the how to’s I would gather the courage to muster the undertaking. It’s a satisfying thing really, if one succeeds. It’s a pity to see people having expensive smartphones and multimedia phones and not make full use of its capabilities, they just do text and call and snap some naughty pictures and videos when they could do more to it. All the moddings I did were a modest success and for some reason, this time was not gonna be one of them. Tough luck. I’ve modded many a phone. My Nokia 3230, 6680 and 7710, as well as my Sony-Ericsson Z710i and my favourite to mod, my Motorola V3i and finally the doomed L71 due to my PC froze and I had to restart the s@#$ while I was flashing a new font pack to it (which is a great big NO NO and made me think if I could’ve waited a little longer and maybe it would unfreeze but too late for that now huh, wise guy) just a simple task horribly gone wrong.

And a line from a Twisted Sister song comes to mind….”coz it’s the price we gonna pay and all the games we gotta play, makes me wonder if its worth just to carry on”….nuff said Lee Snider.

No comments: