Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Rise Ov the Pentagram, 11/3/2007 @ Zzubu

Hello nothingness...
I forgot to post this gig that I attended to last saturday organized by Ozzy Productions which featured Manila-based symphonic death band Oremus and Cebuano Fil-Am metalcore band hailing from L.A. (not sure on this) Streets of May (?) and the usual metal horde Cebu has to offer.
The Oremus set was kinda cool, made me wish I brought my digicam with me. They have two female vocalist, the sexy vampiress like was doing the growls (beat me hands down on the death growl part, mine's next to embarrasing) and she pulled it off nicely and the other sexy goth on jeans was doing the operatic female vocals to complement the other. Plus their bassist was ala Sinead O'Connor althought skinnier and more gothic-like. Way to cool band. Sadly I haven't got the dough to buy their indie release CD. I really wanted to. Now I have to find some friend of mine who happen to bought one and maybe copy.
The Streets of May or as they were formerly called Ramini (yes, from that AM radio drama program) set was so tight as usual metalcore bands do. They brought along their own amps and percussions with them along with their crew. Makes you validate that they're really veterans on their kind of music. Their's was a great set and in my opinion was the climax of the event.
During the gig I was mostly downstairs drinking and chitchat with the other CEMP hordes and I only watched the sets of the above mentioned bands and a couple of Cebu-based ones so I can really comment on the other bands that performed. But I know the gig was a success, lots of metalheads joined in and gave their support. Metals back in Cebu and hopefully for the long haul. I'm proud to be a part of it somehow, though little it may seem. \m/

No comments: