Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Recap of Sorts : 2007 and beyond



Hello nothingness...

As usual, I've been too lazy or too busy with the holidays that I haven't had the time or the inclination to post something interesting here within the last couple of weeks that went by.

Just arrived today from Maramag, Bukidnon to celebrate the New Year there (my GFs hometown, we have this agreement that come Christmas the celebration will be held at my discretion and on New Years’ will be held at her discretion and so on and so forth) and all throughout the day I was back to the grind doing the usual boring work, work and work. No rest for the wicked so to speak.

A lot of things went down during the holidays that was quite eventful and I never had the chance to post it here due to reasons laid out in paragraph one. I shall start with the most notable one, which was made just last December 30, 2007. We both formally asked her parents for their blessings regarding our plan to tie the knot and it went well I guess, in a blitzkrieg kinda way. Just a formal talk which was then sealed with a glass of wine for everyone present.

Relative to the above, I gave my fiancé an engagement ring as a gift this Christmas past that made her holidays more memorable and worthwhile (a long time coming actually) and yeah, I bought a replacement cellphone, a Sony Ericsson P1i, as a gift to myself (the eventual begging finally gave in). The cellphone I mentioned from previous the blogs is still in the state of disrepair, I got tired of waiting. Hehehe.

My day job last 2007 was kinda hectic and full of changes. I’ve been reassigned to another audit team and that was kinda stressful plus the usual work related travels that can’t be left out, been touring to Cebu provinces (Samboan, Toledo, Malabuyoc, Bantayan Island), to Bohol provinces (Dauis, Tagbilaran, Cortes, Balilihan and Inabanga), to Negros Oriental provinces (Dumaguete, Bayawan, Canlaon and Bais) and to Siquijor province (Larena and Siquijor). The sad part of going to these places aside from the work and the little time we have in somehow completing the task was that I never had the time to smell the roses of these places, so to speak. Well, that’s life and stuff (well, the work part that is).

As for my band last 2007, it was on the go go still. We had a couple of gigs here and there (read my previous post) and the highlight would be the CEMP: The Reckoning Compilation CD which we contributed a song and took part in the launching gig which was a killer. We had a couple of gigs that we weren’t able to take part due to our unstable drum helm which we hope to rectify come Sinulog 2008 gig, hopefully. Agnas was on the up and up last 2007 and will still be this 2008. Bang your heads people!

Just as with the band, my comicbook project is part of my R & R that keeps me sane to balance my work and life. Sadly, Nightscourge project is on a stand still but I’m sure we could wrap it up and print it (soft and hard copy) this 2008. 2007 was a brainstorming and finalization of ideas for the character and it was exhilarating and refreshing for me and my buddy and only hampered because both of us have day jobs and families to prioritize with but were still positive about it.

To wrap things up, 2007 was a turning point of sorts with a lot of changes for the better or be it for the worst for me. Lots of interesting things happening though be it stressful kinda. I can safely say it was a good year in a good kinda way (?) and eventually hoping this 2008 would be killer than 2007. Nuff said.

No comments: