Monday, January 21, 2008

2008: a bad start

Hello nothingness...

A lot of s@#$ has happened this two weeks passed and let me just site some of them for laughs here and at the time of this writing, my downward spiral has not been alleviated yet. I’m pissed and messed up in 2008, hooray! F@## off.

Band and s@#$, me and the boys were pumped up last night during the CEMP: Screams of Anguish gig @ the ZZubu Rock Bar with the usual metalheads and the bands from Dumaguete and Bacolod, it was one cool Sinulog gig event and we were really aching to play last night even though I had an on going battle with my freaking gum pains that started two weeks back and Its been festering me until now and that didn’t even stop me from performing our to be set even if it stings me whenever I bark my song to the crowd. Imagine this, try singing (or barking for the death metallist) with inflamed gums and teeth that’s sensitive to touch, that’s what I was going through the whole time thankfully hampered a little by the medicine that I took. But enough of that, the point is, I was being professional and made a point that no matter what the show must go on and we were going to play to the Cebuano metal heads (also it was Sinulog festival happening all over town and it would’ve been nice to make it memorable and played a gig or so) and all of the bands effort was brought to a halt because our drummer was so dead drunk by nightfall that it was next to impossible for him to even lift his drum sticks and play. So, me and the rest of the crew were so bummed. To all metalheads we again apologize for not being able to play last nights gig. It was a cool show, many of the bands lashed out there best and were in a very festive mood and me and the band were having one f#@$ dismal day. I cant blame my drummer if he was enjoying the festivities beforehand and drink to his hearts delight. Its his call.

Another thing with my first two 2008 weeks that’s been like hell was, as hinted above, I had an on going dental problem. My gums all whacked out and inflamed for two weeks now and I had a horrible time with the dentist last Jan. 17 like an ordinary check up gone bad because she made a dental cleaning even if my gums were all swollen and sensitive and the whole cleaning process was a complete agony and pain and it was even my birthday, geez, which eventually made me to decide not to celebrate it and just stay home and let the horrible dental experience subside. The day after that I had my panoramic dental xray and took the results to my dentist and her diagnosis was not at all uplifting which gave me a bleak choice between having my teeth (4 down and 4 up) removed and have dentures or do a major surgical cleaning and reinforced my now degraded bone tissue which cost very steeply. I still hoping for a miracle that maybe, somehow, maybe this problem be solved at a most practical and docile fashion.

With all the s@#$ that’s happened to me as stated above coupled with my usual life downers like not having the motivation to really work and still clueless to what my life should be or am I controlling my life or am I being controlled like a sheep to the slaughter house. I think I’m beginning to feel my age, I feel older now, not in a mature kinda way but old as in tired, of things around me. Maybe I’m just jaded. Hope all of this alleviates soon.

What a damn way to start the year.

No comments: