Friday, March 14, 2008

NACPA Roadshow


Hello nothingness...

Today I attended the NACPA (sorry, I forgot and meaning, heheheh) Roadshow, an early walkathon which supposedly to start 6:00 a.m. but got delayed by a forgivable 30 minutes. I don’t mind waking up early, specially if it means a break from the usual work routine, it’s a breather.

The event was spearheaded by the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas and participated by the different agencies of our good old government. The marchers were segregated by t-shirt color schemes from yellow, blue, red and green and some in between. I wore blue during the whole parade thingee but the actual color of my group was green. I got my green tees late on to the parade so I changed clothing after we arrived at the Cebu Sports Center. Enough about that thank you.

Well, I really don’t have a say on the whole theme of the event but it really boils down to the governments continuing its fight against graft and corruption and to somehow solidify the publics trust on the government and the agencies under it which all coincides with the recent circus our government is into yet again for the nth time now in PGMAs term.

The event lasted for about half the day which started with the parade and then followed by speeches from different prominent officials and followed by cheers and confetti and ended with an intermission number from the Sinulog 2008 winning contingent after which the crowd dispersed in good cheer and some even cared to hopped to the different booths that were lined up at the oval of the complex which comprised of different agencies offering there services like the Dept. of Health catering to a free BP and medical check up and so on. All in all, it was cool to be part of it, even for a jaded me.

No comments: