Monday, May 19, 2008

Tortured Times April 2008 Issue No. 1






Hey guys and ghouls, just received my copy of Cagayan de Oro based Metal Underground Fanzine maiden issue Tortured Times as conceptualized by my friend and leading frontman Drei of Vercelum (Black/Thrash Metal band from Iligan/Cdo) and his crew. The cover features the Manila Speed/Thrash based band BLOODSHEDD which me and the band had the privilege to play back o back with during the Visayan Metalfest last year. The contents of the fanzine are interviews from the said band and bands hailing from down south of the Philippines including the Cdo/Bukidnon based Black/Thrash Metal band Barabas which me and Killoyed started way back 2005 when I was still in Cdo. Their are also review materials on demos and full lengths released by the bands there including Human Mastication and Vercelum and plugings from various Distros (metal distribution units ). I hope the fanzine would strive on to future issues and best of luck and kudos to the men and women who made it happen. I just want to spread the love and scanned the front and back view of the aforementioned fanzine including the Barabas interview page  (page 22 and 25, do try to zoom in and read it if possible, my scanning abilities suck) which passingly mentiones yours truly as the progenitor of Barabas. For inquiries just look at the scanned images for further contacts or contact me for contact info on the men and women behind the fanzine. Its a very cool effort and helps keep the metal fire burning. Bang your heads and support the metal music movement. Hail!!!

Use Buzzfuse* to easily rate, review, and share this item

No comments: