Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally Home

Finally, just got my copy via mail of the Watchmen graphic novel along with Batman: The Long Halloween from Comic Odyssey-Robinsons. It surely made my day. Can't wait to really read come this weekend.

Its been a long wait, for the Watchmen that is, I ordered one from KitchenSink Press (stateside) way back 2001 with some other stuff from Wally Wood that I never got hold off even if I already paid for it with the help of a friend's credit card which I saw the billing statement and all and I even emailed them about the status of my order and said that it was already been shipped to the Philippines. After reading stuff on the net and on some magazines about all the hype that this book took, I was pretty interested by it years before and really took the time to order one. Yup, I even downloaded a copy of it digitally together with some other comics but nothing really beats the real thing, paper, color, print and all. Nothing like having the real stuff to hold and feel. Its special, its part of your collection. Its hard earned s@#$ and not some digitized version of it thats just good for a back up file.

Days went by and gradually evolved to weeks and then to years and no sign of the package ever coming home to me. I was really pissed off by the local Postal Office then and I have little or no trust to them now. The guy I spoke with then said that my package maybe stacked somewhere with a ton of others awaiting for some government honcho ready to inspect them all and I don't know why won't they just deliver the damn things to the recipients in the first place and let them stack up and rot waiting for some honcho to sign up the release form, geeeez. Now I know better, I think. It never occured to me back then to just order it from some comic book specialty store like Comic Odyssey. Well, its been almost 7 years and finally I got one just in time before the movie comes out next year. Oh, happy, happy, happy.Joy, joy, joy.

No comments: