Monday, July 30, 2007

JRR Tolkien's "The Children of Hurin"



Finally, after two weeks of anticipation I have here with me a copy of J.R.R. Tolkien’s post humous work “The Children of Hurin” edited by his son Chritopher Tolkien. I can’t wait to read it from leaf one to the end. Bought it at Powerbooks Manila via my friend who happens to be vacationing there at that time whilst me, here in Cebu eagerly awaiting her impending return. I’ve been a Tolkien fan (his works are far more grandiose than them Potters and its ilk, to my opinion)since I was in college ever when I borrowed from our graduate library section the original hardbound 1960’s pressed copy of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Silmarillion, thank heavens for my school for having a copy of them and I’ve been hooked with his works ever since. Nothing beats him when it comes to the fantastic. Nuff said. But first I have to finish the other pending titles that I’ve bought…hahahaha…time is always a friend of mine when it comes to reading books. Worry shall I not…or maybe I should.

No comments: