Saturday, July 28, 2007

Spring Cleaning of sorts

Recently, due to my girlfriend’s incessant bullying, I have made an effort to clean up my closet, though partially, it turned out to be a good thing. Interestingly enough the experience brought back old memories and feelings propelled by things old and dear to me. Items worth saving of sort led me to house them to boxes that I knotted and stacked nicely for future references. Things like my amateurish sketchbooks and loose drawings of made up superhero concepts. The occasional goofy doodles of cartoon characters and settings from a time when I had the penchant for doing it. I have rummaged through my old pictures, sadly a couple or so left of them and my hastily scribbled poems and notes. Reading it was like reliving the feelings felt at that time when I was engulfed in jotting down those raw emotions oozing out on paper to be organized somehow by words on phrases on lines on stanzas. Other items I rediscovered were an outdated address book, which started me to update my phonebook and Outlook contacts (80% and counting as of to date), and my once indispensable collection of science fiction and fantasy books , half of which are awaiting the garbage disposal unit in our area, the other half are now part of the stack of boxes and the now obsolete music audio tapes, staggeringly replaced by the audio CD (burned or otherwise) and my collection of american comic books which I’ll relatively be tackling on my next post.

All of these things were acquired through my hard earned savings during my high school and college days. I can always readily call it my treasures and like all treasures to some extent, it made me feel rich deep inside. I could almost hear Martha Stewart saying it to me…spring cleaning is always a good thing.

No comments: