Sunday, September 9, 2007

CEMP's Legion of the Unlighted gig, 9/8/2007



Hello nothingness...

Last night I was able to witness CEMP (Cebu Extreme Metal Production) produced gig at the ZZUBU Rock bar entitled Legion of the Unlighted. As usual, my band wasn't able to play and we still have no drummer to date. I was there as supporter for the metal music scene. The gig consist mostly of upcoming metal bands here in Cebu, except for the guest performance of Comatose and the resurrected Abyss (known for their anthem song Rock Against Drugs). Though I arrived a wee bit late with Jerry (co-founder of CEMP), around 9:30 and I haven’t witnessed the entire gig and went home around 12:30, I only witnessed the performances of Suicide Autopsy, Skitzophrenia, Comatose, The Abyss, Garden of Nero, Kremate and Black Diary and wished to have witnessed the first band to perform that night which I terribly can’t recall their name for now (my apologies), a lot of people told me what I’ve missed, their set was tight and to top things of, fronting the band was a female death metal vocalist. That alone is worth mentioning and witnessing. Maybe they’re Cebu’s answer to Archenemy. I can recall liking Skitzophrenia’s set, they all played Pantera covers and they quite pulled it off, maybe I just miss hearing Pantera songs. The other bands were just so and so (unpolished, raw performances which is still cool in my book) but they have the heart and passion and dedication of waving the banner of the Cebu Metal Scene to the public and hope to make a dent in the scene, except for Comatose and the Abyss, they have a more polished sound because they’re veterans in the field. I had to bail out early, orders from my better half, a.k.a. commanding officer. I was getting uncomfortable anyway, from the smoke and the near claustrophobic floor area of the bar itself, wish it were a larger venue. All in all, the event boosted my jaded metalista side and hope that my band could take part again in the future CEMP produced events to come (a storm is brewing come this November), now all we need is a drummer, again. Tough luck.






No comments: