Monday, February 25, 2008

digital photos and my pathetic editing endeavours


Supermutt Earth1

Supermutt Earth2

Sinulog 2008

Digital Cloning1

Hello nothingness...

It has been awhile, yeah, I know. hehehe...Just an update. I've been busy with the usuals such as work and stuff that usually take most of my time. I've recently finished reading a good book by Terry Brooks (fantasist extraordinaire) about writing which hopefully be stored in my coconut shell for good use someday (and the futility carries on...hmmmm).

Well, I recently got interested in digital photography and thinking of adding it up to my pile of know hows and what nots. You'll never know when this might come in handy someday. Anyways, it actually helped in propagating my FLICKR account (check it out, why dont ya) with uploads from what I took with my humble digital camera (a Sony DSC-S650 and I'm terribly contemplating on purchasing a more capable point and shoot digicam that will suit my ever growing interest on the field). I got to read and learn a wee bit about focusing, exposures and techniques that I have yet to apply and get a first hand experience. All of these led me to brush up my meager Photoshop skills and apply whatever appropriate tweaks that I can handle, being an amateur and all. Things like filtering to maximize focus, sharpening, blurring and digitally cloning and changing the levels and such to make a passable photo product. All in all editing the pictures on a banged up and defective computer monitor, so I can’t really maximize the potential editing and possibilities and just guess what its final outcome only. I have a new found respect to digital photography, hope my interest doesn’t wane and I can make good out of it.

As an added update. Hellfest IV will be up and coming this March 15 and 16 and my band is in slow gear as of the moment with a possible new drummer on the helm. So, things are looking up and hopefully we will take part of this yearly metalfest gig.Nuff said.

No comments: