Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kite strings of the Heart



Hello nothingness...

Ever miss kite flying? I know I do.

Yesterday, on a very sunny mid day I was commuting towards Colon Street and I happen to pass by near eMall and noticed a street kid busy trying to fly a makeshift kite. Just a humble kite on sticks, plastic wrapper for wings and some strings thrown in for good measure, you know, that same symmetrical pattern we made when we were innocent little kids having a good summer. I used to make one always, on summer and my kindly neighbor even bought me and a friend one off –the-shelf kind kites from the store, a real welcome upgrade to our childish whim those memorable days. I admire the kid I saw, he was really focused on making that little kite soar to the polluted city winds amidst the busy street, concrete slabs and entangled electricity post. Wish he had the experience I had with kite flying where me and the boys would have endless fun on rice fields, on uncluttered rural streets and on foot hills. Letting our kits makeshift kites soar into the air, birdlike and free. Pulling the strings and navigating it, connecting it to us below, making us soar into the heavens and feel the rush and gush of air beneath the kites wings. Making us fly and let our imaginations run free.

Summer is in the air. Even the bustling city streets I'm in is reeking of the summer feel. Seeing that boy made me want to be a kid again. To fly again.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Chummy said...

Hey Toner...tnx for the comment, I highly appreciate it. I will view and add your blog to my roll. Happy blogging.